Reports to: Head of Cyber Professional Services
Salary: £40,000-£60,000 depending on experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a Web App Penetration Tester with a genuine passion and interest in Cyber Security to join our growing team in one of the UK’s most successful information security firms. The team are responsible for testing the security systems of our growing client base and, putting their security to the test and measuring resilience against any systems being compromised. The role is remote, with the option of working from one of our fully serviced offices in Horsham or Brighton.
This role would be perfectly suited to an experienced web application penetration tester looking for an exciting and supportive new role. On a personal level, you will be a great team player with well-developed analytical and problem solving skills and, above all, we’re looking for someone with a strong desire to grow with us as a company and provide the highest quality application testing.
The main focus of the role is to perform application penetration testing and security reviews for one of our largest clients, using our methodologies and approved tools and techniques. You will then analyse results and producing reports to company standards, using company techniques and templates. You will be primarily working on web applications, APIs, thick client and mobile app penetration testing.
To succeed in the role, the following skills and knowledge are essential:
• 3 years’ experience in web application penetration testing
• Experience in testing APIs and thick clients
• Experience in testing mobile apps on IOS and Android
• Understanding of web services technologies such as XML, JSON, SOAP, REST, and AJAX
• Understanding of web frameworks such as XML, SOAP, J2EE, JSON and Ajax
• Able to confidently and professionally represent the organisation to clients, peers and business partners
• Ethical behaviour consistent with established standards
• Methodical approach with the ability to be creative
• Able to grasp new concepts quickly
• A collaborative, scientific / engineering approach to work – used to peer review and brainstorming
• Well organised and able to manage own time efficiently
• Excellent written English and reporting skills
• A passion for security-related subjects
• You should be willing to undertake any necessary training and study in your own time as well as at work
In return for your skills and experience, we provide:
• 25 days holiday
• Life Insurance
• Private medical insurance
• Health cash plan
• Employee Benefits platform
Interested? Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.