Reports to: Head of SOC Operations and Technologies
Hours: Full time hours – Monday to Friday
Location: Reading – Central
- Ensuring that all Security Monitoring Systems and Consoles, including all Availability Monitoring Systems are monitored diligently and in a timely fashion by the whole shift team.
- Providing on the job mentoring, guidance and advice to all SOC analysts and where necessary taking on the handling of incidents to ensure the best possible service is provided to the Customer.
- Reviewing alerts generated by SOC Analysts.
- Reviewing Customer reports to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Being aware of relevant Customer Service Level Agreements relating to Incident resolution and maximising the likelihood that they’re met.
- Escalating (where necessary) events and incidents to the Falanx Cyber management team.
- Ensuring the accurate and full completion of the SOC Status Checks and that any issues arising as a result of the checks or during the shift are recorded and managed.
- Troubleshooting monitoring system issues.
- Working with Customers to configure host IDS / IPS policies.
- Creating Rotas to cover shift patterns
- Assisting with the on-boarding of new customers and log sources
- Development of SIEM rules
- Performing analysis of log files.
To succeed in the role, the following skills and knowledge are essential:
- 1+ years of working as a Senior SOC Analyst or 2+ years of working as a SOC Analyst.
- Good understanding of common network services (web, mail, FTP, etc), network vulnerabilities and network attack patterns.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of SIEM toolsets.
- Understanding of IDS and IPS technologies.
- Understanding of Syslog.
- Understanding of Windows event logs.
- Understanding of network traffic analysis.
- Passion for all things information technology and information security.
- Natural curiosity and ability to learn new skills quickly.
- A proven track record of delivery in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Familiarity with industry leading security products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree SANS/GIAC Qualifications
- 2+ years of administering and supporting Windows and Linux based operating systems and IT networking protocols
- 25 days holiday
- Private Health care
- Health cash plan
- Life Insurance
- Employee Benefits platform
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- A superb working environment and a great, friendly team!
- Career development support and training
Interested? Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com