Senior Penetration Tester
Hours: Full time
Reports to: Head of Assess
Salary: £50-70,000 per annum + Benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Penetration Tester with a genuine passion and interest in Cyber Security to join our growing team in one of the UK’s most successful information security firms in our office in West Sussex. Falanx Cyber (FC) Senior Penetration Testers are responsible for the day-to-day delivery of assess services to customers. This includes the delivery of engagements, pre and post-test communications with customers and the generation and delivery of technical reports. During non-fee earning time testers are expected to contribute to internal projects. Senior Penetration Testers are expected to be a driving force for continual improvement via these internal projects.
In addition to this, Senior penetration testers will be, in conjunction with the Head of Assess, responsible for assisting in leading and developing a dedicated team, including the creation of personal development plans for their team members, organising and conducting annual reviews, and providing support and guidance.
- Working as part of a penetration testing team, delivering engagements as per customer requirements and against Falanx Cyber’s standard methodologies and procedures.
- Assisting Customers with security related issues.
- Providing prompt and comprehensive client reporting, ensuring that all discovered vulnerabilities are reported, along with any commentary to assist the customer’s understanding.
- Escalating (where necessary) issues and vulnerabilities to the Head of Assess.
- Carrying out all activities in line with company policies and procedures.
- Providing effective internal communication and handover if required.
- Continuously seeking to identify potential service / tool improvements which will enhance the delivered services.
- Managing and developing a team of junior penetration testers
Senior Penetration Testers are specifically responsible for:
- Delivering penetration testing engagements to a high quality.
- Producing Customer reports to a high degree of quality and accuracy.
- Expanding personal knowledge with both self-study and funded training courses.
- Assisting more junior testers with understanding on findings and vulnerabilities.
- Senior review of reports from across the whole team.
- Assisting the Head of Assess build out teams of more junior personnel
- Acting as an escalation point for both technical and non-technical queries.
- Assisting the sales team with defining client requirements.
- Leading and ensuring sufficient development of team skills to ensure coverage of client requirements.
- Reviewing testing methodologies to ensure the latest standards are met.
Essential Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree, or demonstrable equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of working as a penetration tester
- Experience of managing or supervising staff
- Strong understanding of IT networking services and protocols (TCP/UDP, FTP, SMTP etc.).
- Strong understanding of common web technologies (.NET, PHP, XML, JSON etc.).
- Strong understanding of common scripting languages (Python, Ruby, PowerShell etc.).
- Very strong understanding of penetration testing frameworks and tools (Kali, Metasploit, Nmap etc.).
- Deep knowledge of current cyber security trends
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for all things information technology and information security.
- Ethical behaviour
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Natural curiosity and ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Excellent team worker.
- Excellent telephony and report writing skills.
- Strong management skills and the ability to motivate and encourage more junior team members.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- SANS GXPN
In return for your skills and knowledge, we provide a friendly working environment, excellent opportunities for progression in a fast moving exciting business, training and development opportunities to advance your skills and the excellent following employment benefits:
- 25 days holiday
- Life Insurance
- Private Health care
- Health cash plans
- Employee Benefits platform
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com