Job Title: Penetration Tester – Team Lead
Hours: Full time
Reports to: Cyber Security Operations Manager
Location: West Sussex
Salary: £40-50k per annum + Benefits
Falanx is an exciting, global Cyber Security and Intelligence business proud to provide some of the largest businesses in the UK and globally with our Protective Monitoring, Professional, Intelligence and Consulting services. Our customers include some of the best-known brands across the globe.
For Falanx, it’s simple; we all see cyber and political risks continue to dominate our headlines, placing security issues at the forefront of people’s minds. The rapid deployment of complex network solutions and change in technology only adds to the challenges our customers will encounter – and we are here to help them.
We have big, exciting plans and are always looking for talent to join our teams across all areas of the business in some of the most interesting roles on the market.
We are a friendly bunch and our employees are what makes Falanx such a special place to work!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Penetration Tester – Team Lead with a genuine passion and interest in Cyber Security to join our growing team in one of the UK’s most successful information security firms in our office in West Sussex. Falanx Cyber (FC) penetration testers are responsible for the delivery of ‘Assess’ services to Falanx Customers. This includes the delivery of engagements, pre and post-test communications with customers and the generation and delivery of technical reports. During non-fee earning time testers are expected to contribute to internal projects, as directed by more senior members of the team. All team members are expected to contribute ideas to service improvement. Team Leads are also responsible for training and development of more junior team members, as well as demonstrating excellent levels of customer service and acting as a first escalation point for more complex issues.
Team Leads may be called upon to assist operational support with scheduling of team members.
- Working as part of a penetration testing team, delivering engagements as per customer requirements and against Falanx Cyber’s standard methodologies and procedures.
- Assisting Customers with security related issues.
- Providing prompt and comprehensive client reporting, ensuring that all discovered vulnerabilities are reported, along with any commentary to assist the customer’s understanding.
- Escalating (where necessary) issues and vulnerabilities to more senior testers.
- Carrying out all activities in line with company policies and procedures.
- Providing effective internal communication and handover if required.
- Continuously seeking to identify potential service / tool improvements which will enhance the delivered services.
Team Leads are specifically responsible for:
- Delivering penetration testing engagements to a high quality.
- Producing Customer reports to a high degree of quality and accuracy.
- Expanding personal knowledge with both self-study and funded training courses.
- Assisting more junior team members with understanding on findings and vulnerabilities.
- Acting as an escalation point for both technical and non-technical queries.
- Assisting the sales team with defining client requirements.
- Assisting the senior testers with day to day management of the more junior team members
- Peer reviewing reports from across the whole team.
Essential Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree, or demonstrable equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years working as a penetration tester
- Good understanding of IT networking services and protocols (TCP/UDP, FTP, SMTP etc.).
- Good understanding of common web technologies (.NET, PHP, XML, JSON etc.).
- Good understanding of common scripting languages (Python, Ruby, PowerShell etc.).
- Good understanding of penetration testing frameworks and tools (Kali, Metasploit, Nmap etc.).
- Understanding of current cyber security trends
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for all things information technology and information security.
- Ethical behaviour
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Natural curiosity and ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Excellent team worker.
- Excellent telephony and report writing skills.
- Ability to motivate and encourage more junior team members.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- SANS GPEN
In return for your skills and knowledge, we provide a friendly working environment and the following benefits:
- 25 days holiday
- Private Health care
- Health cash plan
- Life Insurance
- Employee Benefits platform
- A superb working environment and a great, friendly team!
- Career development support and training
Interested? Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.